Our vision is to put more money into the pockets of independents everywhere.
We’re looking for a very unique Director of Growth Product Marketing who has deep knowledge of SEO, is obsessed with leveraging data network effects to drive growth within pricing and payments networks, and who fundamentally believes that dynamic pricing is one of the biggest value propositions in modern American business.
You will be a key member of the organization, working collaboratively across multiple departments to lead the search and distribution strategy for our platform, specifically our scoping and pricing tools. Your goal is to establish Wethos as the source of truth for freelance pricing data, and to catalyze a movement towards higher wages and a more prosperous future.
Here’s what you’d do:
- Own the growth marketing strategy to get our pricing data in front of as many freelancers as possible
- Employ a data-driven approach to profitably scale customer acquisition through existing paid and organic marketing channels, with an emphasis on SEO and search.
- Develop a learning plan of testable hypotheses to improve efficiency of marketing spend through varying paid and organic efforts and be able to identify & ideate on high-potential creative assets for marketing channels.
- Manage and develop a team of driven, highly-engaged individuals to own the various marketing, support and communications channels.
- Owning and managing monthly and quarterly budgets, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CAC and ROAS.
- Build dashboards for measuring and sharing results on business-critical KPIs related to growth.
- Stay on the cutting edge: compile industry research, competitive landscape information, and information about new tools; produce recommendations for how we can take advantage of these.
- Develop a learning plan of testable hypotheses to refine and validate targeting, value propositions, creative concepts, and feature sets.
- Work with our Product team to experiment and optimize life cycle communications to improve conversion and retention for new and existing users.
- Identify opportunities to improve our SEO strategy and flag features that could help increase our ranking against relevant keywords.
- Operate at the intersection of our Growth, Marketing, and Product teams, effectively communicating across departments and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Collaborate with our Design and Product teams to ensure all marketing materials are well-maintained, including website and product copy, and in-app messages.
- Responsible for reporting on important business and marketing metrics such as email marketing performance, paid media, in-platform messaging, channel conversion, CAC, and LTV while proactively identifying areas of user confusion or barriers to adoption to help improve product.
- Lead tactical channel plans, ensuring that all customer-facing communication is consistent and maximizing each channel.
We're looking for someone with these kinds of experiences:
- 4-8 years of growth or product marketing experience with deep knowledge of SEO and search, specifically within fintech or consumer applications that drive acquisition through data network effects
- 2+ years experience managing and leading a team A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CAC and ROAS.
- A history of success increasing product adoption for a product-led growth company.
- Experience working across diverse, cross-disciplinary teams in Marketing, CX, and Product
- Command of CMS platforms such as Wordpress (must have), Squarespace (should have), and experience using communications tools like Mailchimp, Intercom, Mandrill, and Later (nice to haves).
- Experience leveraging data management tools such as Google Analytics (must have) Mixpanel (should have) and Domo (nice to have).
- The ability to work in a start-up environment (range of tasks, ambiguity, flexibility) while still exercising and implementing standard professional processes and systems.
- A track record of demonstrating leadership, being invested in charting your own course, and making a big impact.
- A strong commitment to Wethos’ mission and vision.
- An energetic, hard-working, and collaborative mentality.
- A reputation for being an independent, organized, and detail-oriented teammate.
Wethos is a fully remote company in the United States and Canada. You should be remote within a time zone that is manageable for collaboration across CST and EST.
At Wethos, we work alongside people who put our users at the heart of every decision we make—diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values, and the commitment we have for putting more money into the pockets of independents everywhere. We create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders and deliver work they're proud of.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A range of medical, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna
- Flexible paid time off and quarterly mental health days
- Parental leave
- A remote work stipend
- A retirement savings plan
- Equity in the company
- Annual company retreats
You will love working at Wethos if:
You’re a people person - You sincerely desire to help others, love engaging with people, and find ways to make their experience satisfying.
You’re agile - You aspire to be a part of a fast-growing tech platform where the only constant is change and attention to detail is a must. You’re not afraid to try something new and use any missteps as a learning opportunity.
You’re a problem-solver - You resolve challenges that make our team’s experience better, and have the ability to analyze processes and put together action plans for meaningful impact on our business operations.
You work collaboratively - While we promote autonomy and taking on projects independently, you work well with other departments and senior stakeholders across time zones, while working remotely.
You enjoy contributing to a larger mission - You have a passionate connection to Wethos’ core values, rooted in the empowerment of freelancers, collaboration, pay equity, and diversity.
You’re a life-long learner: you believe there is always something new you can learn, regardless of how much knowledge or experience you’ve accumulated over the years.
You focus on what is right, not who: You set aside ego and work well with others to identify new opportunities or solutions. You’re able to disagree and commit to others ideas by enthusiastically contributing to the success of ideas that are not your own.