Come grow your career at Teal while helping others grow theirs!
Are you excited by the challenge of growing a consumer platform from 100,000 to 1,000,000 to 10,000,000 users? Is owning the full growth loop from awareness to retention an experience you want on your resume? Then please hit that apply button and join us at Teal as we build the first truly consumer-first platform to help people grow and manage their careers.
- Own, create, and lead acquisition strategy, making sure it aligns with business objectives. Laser-focused on acquiring customers in a way that lowers CAC and increases LTV.
- Measure, track, and interpret key marketing performance metrics (KPIs).
- Create and maintain dashboards and reports to communicate insights to leadership. Able to build reporting from the ground up. We currently use GA4, GSC, Hotjar, and Amplitude
- Manage and refine our SEO strategy to acquire customers
- Own the process for A/B testing from brainstorming, test design, synthesis of results, recommendations based on results, and implementation of those recommendations to optimize marketing campaign effectiveness
- Analyze data from marketing campaigns to understand performance and trends, present insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Work with external vendors, partners, and agencies to execute marketing campaigns. Foster the relationship with these external parties.
- Belief and excitement in the company's mission
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Based in the United States
- Strong experimenting and analytical skills.
- Understanding of growth marketing channels.
- Deep knowledge, expertise, and a successful track record of developing and leading high ROI SEO strategies for a SaaS product.
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyze data across multiple channels (SEM, Social, Web, etc)
- A deep understanding of SEO and organic growth channels with a focus on either the technical aspects of SEO.
- Working in an early-stage company (series Seed & A) & high growth environment (e.g. startups) with quick iteration and turnaround time on projects.
- Setting up marketing processes and campaigns in a way that can be easily scaled as the company continues to grow.
Skills & Tools You Will Use And Learn:
- Amplitude, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SEM Rush, AHREFs, Marketing Automation, Funnels, Hotjar, Looker/Google Data Studio, Webflow, Google Optimize, A/B Testing, Product Analytics, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
What Awesome Looks Like:
At 1 month:
- The focus of month 1 is learning. Learning about our users, their challenges, and how we solve them.
- You will have audited our current channels, funnels, and growth loops.
- You will study our existing data sets and growth platforms.
- You will have audited our SEO strategy & performance to date.
- You will have preliminary ideas on how to accelerate Teal’s growth.
At 3 months:
- You have led the successful launches 5-10 growth experiments (we run them weekly & bi-weekly)
- You will have command of our various growth channels (Mainly SEO and PLG)
- We will have launched an updated SEO plan and have at least 1 month of content published.
At 6 months:
- You will have a strong command of CAC to LTV
- You will know which channels we will be “doubling down” on
- You will have a better sense of the most effective growth loops for Teal
- We are seeing an increase in our organic traffic and month-over-month growth from organic channels
What We Offer:
- Salary: $141,000
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- No team meetings on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- Career development stipend + subscription to Reforge.com
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 12-week paid parental leave (after 6 months at the company)
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance (depending on chosen plan), commuter benefits & 401(k) benefits with company matching
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
About Teal & Our Hiring Practices
Who We Are:
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, resulting in fewer miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
Our Hiring Process:
- We read every application and make our best effort to reply to everyone.
- Please read the job description. We love when people strive, but if you do not meet more than 50% of the requirements, we are less likely to respond.
- Goal: High-level qualifications & mutual fit
- 30-minute Zoom with 1 Teal person
- We make sure to reserve 10 minutes for your questions.
- We will provide the question and guidance in advance.
- Goals: A deeper understanding of your qualifications & skills
- 1-hour Zoom with 1 to 2 Teal people
- First 30 minutes we will dive into a past project
- Second 30 minutes we will talk through a current Teal challenge (We focus on a problem, not a solution, we're not looking for free consulting ;) )
- All material will be provided in advance
- Goal: Meet more of the Team
- 30-minute Zoom with 1 to 2 Teal people
Our Operating Values:
- Trust First
- Take Initiative
- There’s Got to Be a Better Way
- Start & End With Intentions
- Test & Learn Openly
- No Prolonged Discomfort
- Embrace Feedback
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.